Monday, January 3, 2011

On my 31 day journey to better understanding me


A couple of days ago I mentioned that I had started a 31 day challenge to reset my life.  Part two of this challenge is to complete an assignment where I list my love and hate about several categories in my life (lifestyle, health, family, relationships, finances and some others).  We had to be honest, and I was excruciatingly honest, (ouch).  For the most part the love sections were easy, but for the hate sections, some were very painful to look at once they were out of my psyche on paper right in front of me. 

But the brutal honesty brought light to some dark places that were hovering, and that needed to be uncovered.  It’s not so scary now that I can actually see what’s been hiding.  I actually feel like I can accomplish some things now that I have a clear cut path. 

I’m very grateful to God that the love sections outweigh by far the hate sections. I have a tremendous amount of work to do, but also there's a tremendous amount in my life to be grateful for.
                                                                                                                                                


No comments:

Post a Comment