Thursday, April 18, 2013
That you cannot make someone love you, all you can do is be someone who can be loved. The rest is up to them that no matter how much I care, some people just don't care back.
That it takes years to build up trust, and only seconds to destroy it. That it's not what you have in your life but who you have in your life that counts.
I've learned -
That you can get by on charm for about fifteen minutes. After that, you better know something. That you shouldn't compare yourself to the best others can do. That you can do something in an instant that will give you heartache for life.
That it's taking me a long time to become the person that I want to be. That you should always leave loved ones with loving words. It may be the last time you see them.
That you can keep going long after you can't. That we are responsible for what we do, no matter how we feel.
That either you control your attitude or it controls you. That regardless of how hot and steamy a relationship is a first, the passion fades and there had better be something else to take its place.
That heroes are the people who do what has to be done when it needs to be done, regardless of the consequences. That money is a lousy way of keeping score.
That my best friend and I can do anything or nothing and have the best time. That sometimes the people you expect to kick you when you are down will be the ones to help you get back up.
That sometimes when I get angry I have the right to be angry, but it doesn't give me the right to be cruel. That true friendship continues to grow over the longest distance, and the same goes for true love.
That just because someone doesn't love you the way you want them to doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have. That maturity has more to do with what types of experiences you've had and what you've learned from them and less to do with how many birthdays you've celebrated.
That you should never tell a child their dreams are unlikely or outlandish. Few things are more humiliating, and what tragedy it would be if they believed it. That no matter how good your friend is, they're going to hurt you every once in a while, and you must forgive them for that.
That it isn't always good enough to be forgiven by others. Sometimes you must learn to forgive yourself. That no matter how bad a heart is broken; the world doesn't stop for your grief.
That our background and circumstances may have influenced who we are, but we are responsible for whom we become. That just because two people argue, it doesn't mean that they don't love each other, and just because they don't argue, it doesn't mean they do.
That we don't have to change friends, if we understand that friends change. That two people can look at the exact same thing and see something totally different.
That your life can be changed in a matter of hours by people who don't even know you. That even when you think you have no more to give, when a friend cries out to you, you will find the strength to help.
That credentials on the wall do not make you a decent human being.
that the people you care about the most in life are taken from you too soon
That its hard to determine where to draw the line between being nice and not hurting someone's feelings or standing up for what you believe. That no matter what happens to me on earth or how much my faith falters, God's faith in me never dwindles or fails.
That life's lessons never end and wisdom can always be passed on.
- Susane Pieffer
Saturday, April 6, 2013
2. Knowing you're missed.
3. Doing the right thing and being appreciated for it.
4. Making a joke that everyone laughs at.
5. Eating amazing food.
6. Taking a really long, hot shower/bath.
7. Watching a movie that makes your jaw drop to the floor.
8. Reading a book that makes you speechless.
9. No lines at an amusement park, a store, or anywhere, really.
10. Having an amazing dream.
11. Missing out on flu season.
12. Getting hit on by an attractive stranger who doesn't seem like a creep.
13. Finding money on the ground, or in the couches or the laundry.
15. When a season premier or finale is just awesome.
16. When your friends ask you what's wrong when you look down.
17. Being able to surf the web all day without your parents nagging you.
18. The sky, no matter rain or shine, it's always beautiful.
19.Getting praised on your assignment by the teacher in front of the entire class.
20. Getting compliments.
23. Buying new gadgets or clothes.
24. When technology advances.
25. When you have a really good day.
26. When it's midnight and you're riding in a car, the cool night breeze in your hair.
27. Getting presents.
28. Giving presents.
30. God&Jesus and all the Great things They do.