Tuesday, October 21, 2014

What Do You See?

"Trust God. Not what you see. NEVER stop believing this, even if you have to remind yourself of this TRUTH 100 x's a day."

I saw this today from my sister in Christ/friend Rachel, and it immediately reminded me that I am exactly where I am suppose to be. Sometimes all it takes to overcome an obstacle is for someone or someting to remind you that you don't always have to jump every hurdle life throws at you at high speed; sometimes if at first you stand still, adjust yourself, listen for direction and gain clarity, you will see that you only need to walk around it. Leave the jumping for someone else.

I'm looking at things; images of people and the lives they live. Everything is not as it always seems. The mind can be cruel and deceptively malicious. The scary part is how much leeway I give those images and how often I allow them to hold captive my freedom and ability to be concise on living.

Today I'm telling myself "I'm trusting God and leaning not on my own understanding". That's it. All the conciseness needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment