Tuesday, December 2, 2014

A Love Letter From A Diva's Journal

Love Letter #4

So I said I'd try and guess what? I did. I still get the gloom from time to time, but when I think of YOU a ray of sunshine resuscitates the outer me while the inner me still boxes the en-e-my to breathe. I'm swinging and making contact as that coward loneliness tries to sucker punch me from time to time. I'm ducking, but I'm not dodging, I'm finally fighting back.

I must admit questions still plague me, like If I wait for you, will you come for me? If you miss me will you let me know? Will you remember my kisses and my warm embraces? If I find my way back to you will you be waiting? then I remember to breathe. Once I begin to take air into my lungs and then expel it, I begin to feel at ease once more, and I remember that's just ol loneliness trying to trap me, and I have to knock his ass down again.

I hope everything is well for you. It is for me. I wish you nothing but success as you walk your thoroughfare, and I pray your route has been paved with kindness to make your journey easier. We all have crossroads to travel and crosses to bear. It's not the kind we have that determines our strengths, but how we handle them that proves us strong. I still believe in you. I know you can do this.

Until we see each other again, I'm remembering you, and I'll always hold a space for you in my heart.
-TDJ

No comments:

Post a Comment