Monday, December 13, 2010

The Rules of Engagement

One of my closest friends recently got divorced after an eleven year run in holy matrimony.  She and i were having one of our ear to ear conversations when she let on that over the past week one mans conversation lingered longer than usual at the convenient store, while later on another man, a bank teller at her bank got real interested in the reason why she was changing her name on her checking account, adding the consoling comment "I'm sorry, it must have been hard going through a divorce" and asking the question "did you all have any children".

My friend is under the assumption that she has been out of the game for a very long time and does not recognize when men are interested. We talked about it, but we mostly laughed about it, as i too have been exactly where she is.

So tell me people, what are the rules of engagement when you are dubbed "single"?  How do you  recognize the "I'm interested conversation" from the "I'm a very nice man and just like to chit chat conversation".  Let's journal Diva's and Dudes.

No comments:

Post a Comment