Tuesday, December 21, 2010

I'll cross that bridge when?



How many times have you said or thought “I’ll cross that bridge when i get there”? And when you said or thought it did you mean it as a sign of procrastination or submission?  Procrastination because you could have gone ahead and finished what you’ve already started, but decided to just put it off for some reason, or submission because you’ve decided to delay the inevitable, submitting to a higher authority than yourself?
I’m not a procrastinator, actually waiting till the last minute to do anything is absolutely insane to me; I’m all about time management and I’m scheduled oriented.  Procrastinators would definitely label me as OCD.  Sad.  I know, but when I hear or think “I’ll cross that bridge when I get there” I have to say that submission would apply to me.  In my mind, i have  exhausted all my energy in trying to acquire a solution, and yet whatever is at hand still appears to have an impeding wall and surely the end could possibly be near. So I have to submit, submit to the fact that I have done all I could do, and that I have to give it to God, a higher power.  I just have to release it, and let it go.  Maybe when I get there to where I’m suppose to be, there won’t even be a bridge to cross.

No comments:

Post a Comment