Wednesday, December 22, 2010

I'm Every Woman

I’m Every Woman, It’s all in me. Anything you want done Baby, I’ll do it naturally.
O.K. Chaka, yeah right Whitney. 
In this day and time, from working moms to stay home moms, women are more busy and productive on a daily basis than ever before. Often days are started with the slamming of the snooze buttons on alarm clocks, gathering families together for breakfast, putting on your daily attire, whether it be your favorite mommy smock or your favorite Ann Taylor suit, then making mad dashes into your day with serious agendas at hand.  And coming home in the evenings or winding down in the evenings are just as demanding of us as our hectic mornings.   Stress levels are at an all-time high.
We need to start carving out small pieces of time in the day for ourselves.  Continue to give to others what is required of us, but give to ourselves what is also required; required from us in order to be the best we can be. Rest our bodies, nourish our bodies, exercise, drink plenty of water, meditate, and get yearly examinations; most importantly, find serenity in a world of chaos and confusion.
I’m every woman, and it is all in me, but in order for me to live that chorus line from that popular song, anything you want done Baby, has to come naturally to me taking care of me first. 

No comments:

Post a Comment