Monday, June 25, 2018

What's in my Make Up Bag, You Ask?

Happy Monday! Queen She known as me here.  I've been asked if I carry a make-up bag, and if so would I mind sharing what's in it.  The answer is yes I do carry one, and no I wouldn't mind sharing it's contents, so this week’s journal entry is a “what’s in my make-up bag” post.


Called my many names; a toiletry bag, a cosmetic bag, a cosmetics case, an essentials bag, it’s all the same thing - a make-up bag.  From retailers to YouTubers and Pinterest folk, women and cosmetic artists everywhere are clad down with their makeup bags; some are just as expensive as the shoulder bags they tote.   Well mine is not expensive, but it does say and always have said a lot about me; expresses my personality, and tells what I like having on me all the time.  


I was a member of Ipsy; the monthly subscription service that provides it subscribers with a new and different makeup-bag and cosmetics samples. I always got the coolest make-up bags.  When I reached the point to where I’d accumulated five of them, I would give three away, but not before I put items in them like lip gloss, or an eye shadow and brush.  I think it’s important for women and young ladies to keep one with you even if you don’t wear a lot of makeup or none-at-all.  You can always keep a lip balm, a mirror, or other little things in there.  To me it’s chic, and it screams “I think I’m ready, but if I’m not, get me my make-up bag and give me ten minutes!” 

I’m rarely without my make-up bag; it’s always tucked in my handbag with other essentials.  Today, I

wanna share with you what’s in it.  I usually clean and organize it once a week, but to do this post, I grabed it out of my purse, and dumped it; so yes there are some things in there that I probably could have left at home, but like I said earlier, it says a lot about me….okay I got caught slipping, 😚😤  but here goes!

Clockwise starting from the left I have:


My bottle of HEMPZ Pomegranate moisturizer-my favorite lotion (I got hooked on this lotion when Ipsy sent it to me as one of my make-up bag goodies)
Dental floss -gotta keep those pearly whites looking good 😁
Sharpener-because? Well you never know what needs sharpening
A brow brush- yup it’s old and used, and I so need another one, but for now…
BEEKMAN Goat Milk and Cocoa Butter lip balm - for those days when I don’t want to wear lipstick
Blistex - another “why do you have this in here?”
My mirror- trusted friend of mine!
Lash glue by iENVY - this is the best lash glue to me, doesn’t irritate my eye lids
Two MAC lip liners in the colors Chestnut and Cork - Okay I can only wear one at a time, so why?
Three lipsticks: NYX in the color Tan-Gerine, MAC lip gloss in the color Myth, and Marc Jacobs Le Marc in Mahogany - Okay again! I can only wear one at a time so why?? Lol


So there you have it.  Comment down below and let us see what you’re carrying around with you! after you’re done commenting, click the follow button, right down there on the right,  so when we post, you’ll get the alerts!

No comments:

Post a Comment