Monday, May 28, 2018

7 Things I Learned As A Child




  1. Be polite – Say please and thank you.  Say excuse me. You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar; so be polite and make people want to see you come, rather than glad to see you go.
  2. Pray – I spent a lot of time in youth church; I had some emotional hurdles to jump as a child, and as a result, I learned early on to pray.  I also learned that God hears my prayers, and he answers.
  3. Be A Good Friend – My best friend and I have been friend for over forty years.  I remember when we were tots, I said something bad to another little girl who was very jealous of our relationship.  This hurt my little friend deeply, but she fought back with some harsh words of her own.  I felt really hurt, but I was more hurt by the choice I made to say it in the first place.  She forgave me, and ever since I’ve tried to be the very best friend I could possibly be.
  4. Don’t Be Shy – It can affect your self-esteem and your self-confidence. Learn to be bold, it’s okay in most instances. Just do it afraid, and it'll seem really small.
  5. Dream Big and Often – You can make them a reality, all it takes is a plan, and it’s never too late. But you have to be consistent and disciplined.  And eventually with hard work, they will become a reality.
  6. Be Creative – I didn’t have much when I was a child, but I always had enough.  I was so creative with how to make paper dolls, I drew their clothes, I made dolls out of coke bottles, and grass and crayons, I made mud pies! I caught butterflies, lighting bugs, worms, played marbles, hop scotch and more.  I never realized I didn’t have a lot.  This also helped me put pieces together (wardrobe wise), which helped bring forth my style sense! well okay, the pieces just looked nice together! LOL
  7. Be Kind - There is always someone who has more problems than you, and you never know how much it means to smile at someone who’s in pain emotionally.


No comments:

Post a Comment