Monday, April 9, 2018

Time Waits For No One.

"Learn to enjoy every minute of your life. Be happy now. Don't wait for something outside of yourself to make you happy in the future. Think how really precious is the time you have to spend, whether it's at work or with your family. Every minute should be enjoyed and savored."-Earl Nightingale

Happy Monday! Tina here, Queen She Known as me, and I hope your day is going well. 
The last couple of weeks I have been on a mission to use my time wisely, be more productive, efficient, and most of all consistent.  When you’re a mom with young children, it sometimes feel as if we have a hundred times more things to do than the children we are managing; how many of us know that when they are older, it doesn’t change? My children are both adults, and it still feels as if time slips away from me so easily.

I’ve incorporated more me time in my morning routine, now I have to twiddle with my evening routine so I can maximize the time with it!  I am a ferocious planner; I plan everything from the meals I will eat, the appointments I’ve set to the due date of bills, and that helps tremendously with maximizing my time.  Now that I’ve made some changes in how I do things, these five points have ranged out the loudest for me:  

1. Put God first in everything you do.  He was the one who said to us He knows the plans He has for our lives; He even goes on to say, they are plans to prosper us, and not harm us, plans to give us a hope and a future.  So put Him first. Jeremiah 29:11.

2. Be smart with prioritizing your day.  Look at what makes up your day, write it down.  See if you can rearrange things.  Tackle important and urgent task first, then make you way down your list to the lower priority things, all the way down to the lowest priority things. Knocking the bigger more challenging things out of the way first, give you a sense of accomplishment, and makes taking on the smaller things, or less important things seem doable and easy.  

3. Invest in a planner, any kind, whatever size is comfortable with you.  I am a scrapbook fanatic, and I love being able to decorate my calendar, it makes me excited to look in it, so this works well for me, but more and more people are using their cell phones for calendars and organizers, and if this method works for you, then please by all means do what works! Just maximize that time!

4. Limit who can have your time and who can’t.  Get rid of people and things that distract you.  Write down what some of your distractions are.  Do you surf the web?  Facebook?  I’m an Instagram queen!  I was constantly checking updates of everyone, always going back and forth to it, so now Instagram gets one hour per day.  I can break it up however I want, or spend the entire hour on it, but I only get that time to dedicate to it.  Because as much as I enjoy people watching, it’s a time stealer, and it kills my productivity.

5. Say No.  You are the HPIC (Head Person In Charge) of you.  If you have to say no to an invite, or any request because you are prioritizing and taking care of what’s urgent for your well being, then never hesitate to say no.  Be firm in this. And never apologize for it.  I learned from a very poplar successful life coach that people often times look to us for directions on how to treat us - yep so they look to us to see if it’s okay to waste our time while making the most of theirs.  Ouch, that hurts.  So take control, and say no.

Remember there are only 24 hours in a day.  That’s never going to change.  We only get 24 hours; we can't stop it,and we can't control it.  All we can really do is be thankful for the time we get, manage ourselves so we make the best of these hours, and live the best life possible for us.
  
How do you manage your time? Give us a shout down in the comments box, and help us all be super shero women and hero men!

No comments:

Post a Comment