Monday, March 12, 2018

Habits. Habits. And Habits.

Hey Peeps, Queen She known as me here, I hope everyone’s having a great day!  So do any of you have any of those pesky lil negative tendencies, routines, patterns, traditions that are hard to give up?  Habits! That’s what they are.  I was reading an article by the writer James Clear about and he stated “ on average, it takes more than 2 months before a new behavior becomes automatic – 66 days to be exact.”   You should really go and read this because I was one of those people who bought into the “It takes 21 days to form a new habit.”  Ah un.  No it doesn’t, it takes much longer. 

So now that these habits are formed, how long will it take to un-break em? And  how the heck do we go about replacing them with something better?  Well James wrote another article sharing how you can teach yourself new habits to replace condemning ones.  I’ve read both articles, and I think I got some serious work to do, because I have at least ten bad habits that need to be replaced with something more fruitful.

I’m going to take the plunge here, be a little transparent and share my ten worst habits. Don’t judge me!  Here goes:

1. I’m somewhat of a perfectionist.  
2. I do not like rising early in the morning.  This leads me to the next habit
3. Not getting enough sleep

4. Chewing the meat, spitting out the bones…..Sometimes I have to get to the bottom of every
        little thing….get what you need and just leave it alone already! Which leads me to the next one

5. Too analytical...sometimes it takes me to long to make a decision.
6. My love of…POTATO CHIPS! I don't even have to talk about this one, I'm sure you already
        know the dangers to my health.
7. Not keeping the “big picture” before me, loosing sight of goals to soon.
8. Not delegating, can't do everything myself.
9. Saying yes to easily, which leads to the next one
10. Over planner, oh my gosh!  I run myself ragged! 

I know, I do it to myself! So I'm sure I don’t have to tell you why these habits are everything bad and counterproductive.  I’m ready to replace at least three of them now.  I have to start small, so do you if you have any you need to ditch.  Remember, we don’t get rid of bad habits, we replace them.  Come on, you can do it.  We’ll do it together.  

No comments:

Post a Comment