Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Random Acts of Kindness

Hey there loves!  It’s Queen She known as me here again, hoping everything has been and is well with you. Lately I’ve become a bit of a people watcher.  Sitting in the lobby of an office of which I had an appointment, I noticed a lot of people. Some seemed to be confident, some seemed preoccupied with what was at hand, I witnessed people having outburst of anger, I witnessed people being b ** holes, then I’ve noticed people who just seem to be sad, and I wondered; would a kind gesture change that person’s demeanor.  

Today I want to talk about kindness.  I read a quote from author Steve Maraboli that says “a kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal.”   I’ve shown kindness before; I’ve smiled, used words of encouragement to try and lift a heavy heart, let the person in the grocery store line behind me that has 2 items jump ahead, small things; but the one thing that’s better than being kind is being on the receiving end when it’s needed but unexpected.  It reassures me that God is always near, as He promised, and that He has deposited affection, warmth, gentleness, concern and care in the hearts of many who are ready and willing to be obedient.  It also provokes selflessness in me, and prompts me to look for opportunities to be kind, and it be unexpected to someone as it was to me.  It’s a great feeling.  

I thought I would put together a small list of random acts of kindness.  Try one, try some, and see if you don’t feel good about yourself. And remember, what you release into the atmosphere, ALWAYS comes back.  It’s up to you how it comes back.  Make the decision to be expectant of something good to come back your way because that’s what you put out there….good.


1. Share overheard compliments
2. Walk in a restaurant, and search for a person who’s meal you’ll pay for
3. Give compliments
4. Smile
5. Offer assistance
6. Donate
7. Volunteer
8. Say thank you
9. Show compassion
10. Show concern

No comments:

Post a Comment