Wednesday, February 22, 2017

The Wednesday Word

The Wednesday Word is a blog idea from the blog The Golden Spoons You pick a word as your theme, and you write about it.  I thought hmmm, this could be interesting.   So armed with the idea, I set off for an adventure of finding a word that I’d want to feature today.  

Oenophile.  That’s my Wednesday word.  An oenophile is a connoisseur of wines, a lover of wine. They are people who appreciate or collect wine, especially grape wine from certain regions.  Most oenophiles are hobbyists, or collectors, but every now and then, you might come across some that are professionals like wine merchants, or sommeliers, or one who tastes and grades wines for a living. 

Can I be one?  That person who grades and taste wine for a living? 






Image from The Weekly Wine-Down, Slope Media 

No comments:

Post a Comment