Thursday, February 9, 2017

Thankful Thursday.


Greetings.  I am what the cat dragged in.  Today is Thankful Thursday; eh... a daily blogging prompt used by many bloggers to help them post content that expresses gratitude.  I could go on and on about the many positive impacts of my life and what I’m thankful for, not just on Thursdays but every day. Today I am thankful, but I have a different perspective. My outlook has changed.  However I'm still thankful.

My brother has been on life support for five days now.  He’s fighting, giving all he has.  I’m thankful to God he has something left to fight with.  I’m thankful for all the prayers and all the uplifting emails from friends and friends of friends sending encouragement, and lifting his healing up to the Most High.  I’m thankful, today just happens to be Thursday.  

I’m thankful that he has so many people who love him and think the world of him.  I’m thankful that God knows how much we love him and that we know how much He loves him.  He’s thirty seven years old; I always say he’s just a baby, because he’s thirteen years younger than me.  I’m thankful he’s my baby brother.  I’m thankful for what he is to me.  With all the anguish and despair that’s rattling around me right now because I hate he’s suffering so, I’m thankful that God is still in control of this fight.   Hang in there baby.  I love you so very much.  On this Thursday, I am so thankful for you.

"Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you"
- 1 Thessalonians 5:18

No comments:

Post a Comment