Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Hard work

When we were little girls we all at some point in our lives dreamed of what we would become when we grew up. I wanted to be an Anesthesiologist, I wanted to be that trained physician in anesthesia, putting people to sleep.  That is until I got in the eleventh grade in my human physiology class and learned that within three weeks of taking the class we would be visiting the morgue.  "The what?" I asked.  The local mortuary was scheduled to be my first field trip in the eleventh grade.  Nope wasn't happening.  I wanted to learn to put people to sleep with the intention of waking them up, not seeing the ones who would never wake up again.  I conveniently became ill on that day, stayed home and watched MTV.  My dad never even saw the permission slip, and that was the end of my wanting to become an Anesthesiologist.

The blogger prompt today with BlogHer was What do you think would be the hardest job for you to do?  This wasn't a tough one for me! LOL.

With the economy the way that it is in this day and time, I like other people will work almost any job to help support my family and myself or to fulfill my financial obligations; however there is at least one job that I think would be the hardest job for me to do and that would be to work in a food processing plant where I'm responsible for skinning, gutting and cutting of any kind.  This to me is one disgusting, messy, and smelly occupation.  I'm telling you Mike Rowe and Dirty Jobs would probably have done a feature on me by now. 

My hat off to the ones that are able to do it and do it well, after all I wouldn't be able to go to the farmers market or local supermarket to get the skinned and cleaned fish, or the skinless chicken breast that I enjoy so well if it were not for the efforts of many. And believe you me, every time I pick up the pack of my choice, I whisper "thank you!" because I couldn't do it

Sam Ewing, former baseball player for the Chicago White Sox and the Toronto Blue Jays once said "hard work spotlights the character of people: some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, and some don't turn up at all."  I probably would at least turn up for work (the first day); however I would run away hollering to the top of my lungs before the plant manager had an opportunity to toss me out.

If someone asked you today what do you think would be the hardest job for you to do, what would you tell them?  Let's journal.


No comments:

Post a Comment