Thursday, January 10, 2019

Just Breathe

Today I stepped away from the location I’d been at most of the day for a break.  I was taking a short walk to try and calm my mind; I was thinking I have this to do, and that to do and the time when I’d have to have them done by.  I was so gone with thoughts that I was thinking about the deadlines of other people, and about what all they had to do.  Then it hit me, and I had to ask myself, “what is going on with you girl?” and then the thought crossed me to breathe and focus.  

As I did, I took several more longer breaths.  Inhaling slowly, taking air into the lungs, and then just as slowly expelling it, until it became normal and felt natural.  Before I knew it, my mind was clearing, clearer, then just clear.  Something changed within me, around me, to me.  Almost as if I gained extra energy.  

I know this is nothing new, and I’d heard this a thousand plus a thousand more times, to take deep breaths to calm yourself when needed.  But until you become overwhelmed, and realize you’re not breathing, it means nothing more to you than a taught relaxation technique.  It’ll never mean anything at all until it does.

When you’re feeling stressed, annoyed bothered, need a break, or maybe just need to turn your mind off for a minute, slow down, take a deep breath and focus.  Then take more deep breaths, until you’re as calm as you can be.  You’ll be surprised at the results this brings to the body, as well as the mind.  

Just remember to breathe. 



No comments:

Post a Comment