Monday, February 26, 2018

Where in the World


Happy Monday Peeps!  Queen She known as me here and I’m journaling out loud again.  This time I’m sharing the destination that’s top of my wish list to travel to.

Do you remember the show “Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego”? When the gumshoe received a phone call from the apprehended crook, who told the gumshoe where in the world to find Carmen?  Yeah, that’s how I want people to look for me when I’m away enjoying myself!

43.7711° N, 11.2486° E

Most who know me, know I’ve nicknamed myself “an amateur wine connoisseur” so I’m going to need lots of that on hand…red please.  Some of my other favorites like legumes, bread, cheese, vegetables, mushrooms, oh and OLIVE OIL is central to this country’s cuisine.  According to the above coordinates, where in the world would I be?  Tuscany.  Yep, I’d like to be a tourist in central Italy taking in some of the landscapes, the arts, learning some of the traditions, and drinking Chianti….lots and lots of it.

I’m not a nature lover, but in Tuscany, I would love to just take in the nature; from the Mediterranean vegetation to the beaches to the steep headlands and cliffs.  To be in awe of the scenery with my journal and my camera, would be a defining moment for me; a moment that would shape my very being and give me new outlooks on so many things that I’ve grown accustomed to that are just not good now.  To be able to experience this country’s culture would for me be a haven indeed.  A quiet, peaceful and pleasure filled life.

Plus I want to see the Leaning Tower of Pisa!  Just replace me with Diane Lane in the image below!

Photo from Amazon


No comments:

Post a Comment