Saturday, September 22, 2012

Autumn Nostalgia


I miss you already spring and summer!

It’s that time of the year when what I call my “autumn nostalgia” kicks in on me.  I get all warm and fuzzy for no good darn reason, I watch my favorite movie (Love Jones) three times a week, and I read books, any book from my favorite author (Eric Jerome Dickey) over and over again, and I wanna exercise only inside. 

There is something about this time of the year when everything is just different.  The leaves are practically gone, the grass is brown, the swimming pool is covered, and the patio furniture looks cold and hard instead of warm and inviting.  Even charcoal burning which is a sure sign of bar -b-q smells differently.  A few more weeks, and we'll be setting the time back on the clocks!  All these things, that are sure to happen every year with the change of the seasons, causes me to have mixed feelings about taking the wool pea coat, scarves, hats and gloves down from the top of the closet.  I get in the kitchen and instead of making taco salads, and fun light dinners, I start making soups and stews, chili and casseroles! I feel like Mama Bear, and I’m getting ready for hibernation. 

Maybe I’ll learn to run outside in the cold this year.  A year ago, I downloaded a running app, started and finished the program, (YAY) (LOVE IT), but I only liked running in the spring/summer time.  I just couldn’t figure out how to keep that daggone cold air out of my lungs! (LOL).   Maybe this is just what I need to get rid of my autumn nostalgia.  Don’t get me wrong, I’m still watching my Love Jones at least three times a week, and I’m still gonna read EJD until the words run off the page, and will probably make at least four or five soups or stews.  But I’m gonna switch it up and get outside more this fall/winter season.  Try and learn something new.  Who knows, maybe this time next year I'll be having summer nostalgia. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment