Monday, July 9, 2018

Dear Grand Mamas. A letter to you.

Dear Grand Mamas: 

Let me start off by saying how much I miss you all.  Life is so different here without you.  Words can’t even begin to describe how different.  I’m a grandmother now; I have five little nuggets.  I can’t believe that either.  Grandma Mary, and Aunt Clara, mama is starting to look exactly like you, you would be so proud of her; she has four children, nine grandchildren and eleven great grandchildren.  Whaaat?  Yup.  Grand mama Daddy is looking just like you these days, with a hint of granddaddy.  I know he misses you tremendously, I see it in him a lot.

I know you’re walking around heaven all day, I bet there is nothing like it.  I bet you’re welcoming loved ones in.  

I think of you often; Grand mama I just shared with Daddy how when I was a young teenage girl you got me all the way together about my attitude and wanting to spend your money.  I just had to have the same conversation with my twelve-year-old granddaughter.  There truly is nothing new under the sun.

Aunt Clara, I’m starting to live off the earth again, just like it was when you raised me for a little while and you grew everything. I wish i could see those gardens again.  I do drink out of a mason jar now, every morning! I had to come back to my roots.  I’m enjoying the journey.

I wish readers knew how special you all truly were.  So many memories. So much love.

I now know a grandmother thinks about her grandchildren day and night, even if they are not with her and will love them in a way they will never understand, and how our love knows no distance.  I'm fifty-two and I don't think I'll ever outgrow your love.  I'm hoping my grandchildren won't ever outgrow mine.

I’ll always remember.  Always, and I’ll Always love.  Always. You.

No comments:

Post a Comment