Wednesday, December 13, 2017

What Are You Reading?


It’s December, and in most places around the country, it’s cold outside, so why not get comfortable, light some candles; if you like background noise while you read, play some soft music.  But if you’re like me, all you want is to be able to concentrate on the novel or whatever you’re reading in a quiet place.  Whatever your preference create the perfect reading ambience. 

I’m reading Gabrielle Union’s  We’re Going to Need More Wine: Stories That Are Funny, Complicated, and True.  Fortunately for me she created the ambience for me, because I’m lost in these pages. By the time I look up from 50 pages, the candle I lit earlier is about to burn out.  It’s just that good.

Gabrielle Union gets real about everything in her book from being called the “N” word at a young age, to losing her virginity.    If you haven’t purchased this book, or rented it from the library do so, and in the words of Tami Roman “Get Into It!”

So that’s what I’m reading, tell me what you’re reading.  Let me know how you like to read, and what’s your atmosphere like when your words come to life from the pages.

 Photo from The Reading Agency



No comments:

Post a Comment