Happy Monday everybody! I’m one of those people that used to ask “what’s so happy about it? Monday that is?” Well I’ve changed my demeanor about Mondays. No Monday blues or feeling sad because I have an entire work day or work week ahead of me, No ma’am. Instead, I choose to be happy about it; I’m going to be one of those people who scientists say are happy because they choose to make happiness among their top goals in life. Okay then…. If I have to incorporate change, then why not be humorous about it.
NOW, I’m not saying that I will still be happy by lunch time HOWEVER I’m going to give it a try to at least make it through the morning! So I thought you could help me do that by allowing me to share just five things (cut me some slack! I gotta start off small) with you that I’m happy for this morning. Here goes.
1. I woke up this morning with all my abilities intact- I can still curse like a sailor so watch out cause I can happily do it today. And because of number two below, I remember ALL the curse words from the curse word dictionary. Plus I learned some new ones.
2. I didn’t have menopause brain fog- So if you crossed me on yesterday I still want to retaliate this morning because I didn’t forget what you did! Stop playing with your life like that!
3. Thanks to Netflix I’m all caught up on How to get away with Murder…..WHY WES SHONDA? Why Wes? Dammit.
4. I know why you threw shade at me! It’s because you were scared of my light!! It’s okay, sometimes I’m scared of it too; especially when I wake up in the mornings, and #2 from above applies to the day. Gives a whole new meaning to the phrase “PULL UP”
5. I’ve been told there are benefits to being happy like a better social life, popularity, looking and feeling younger, and so on and so on. OKAY. My question is, and it’s all because I’m so happy right now. Can’t I just have a glass of Gewürztraminer and we call this a day already? I mean seriously!
See this isn’t working as well as I’d hope. So in closing my people, in the words of Bobby McFerrin “don’t worry be happy” Just do that. That on the other hand might work for all of us.