Thursday, August 30, 2012

The Way, The Truth, and The Life

 
 
 
 
How many times, have we started out on an adventure, our own adventure, to enjoy the life given to us?  That's not a bad thing, in fact when we are given a new day, we are prepared for it; it is given to us with a new amount of grace, sufficient enough for us to learn, and to achieve countless amounts of knowledge, wisdom and understanding.

It is we ourselves that get in our own way, stumbling over our own feet, knocking ourselves out of God's divine purpose for us.  Many times, (me, a big offender) we get ahead of ourselves and God, and we leave the paths that he put us on, in search of preparing a place for us; one prepared for us in our own timing, trying to fix every little thing.  And we mess up. 

In John 14: 1-6, Jesus said (New International Version (NIV))
14 “Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God[a]; believe also in me. My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. You know the way to the place where I am going.”  Thomas said to him, “Lord, we don’t know where you are going, so how can we know the way?” Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

After reading this, and understanding this, I choose to rest in Him.  The same Him that said "HE is going to prepare a place for me".  He never said that i should prepare a place for myself. I'm getting out of my own way, and especially His way.  I wait patiently, knowledgeably, assured that I am safe in Him, as He prepares my place. 

No comments:

Post a Comment